Chocolate Chunk Cookies
These delicious chocolate chunk cookies are from the first Relish Mama cookbook.
Over the years, they have won many hearts and they have a cult-like following.
You may well note, that I have changed the name of these little darlings.
Formerly known as “Easy Peasy Chocolate Chip Cookies”, these cookies actually contain no chips – just wonderful chunks of the best quality dark chocolate that your money can afford.
Although they are super simple to make, the quality of the chocolate does make a huge impact on the end result.
These are definitely the quick treat that I cook more than any other for our girls. They are however closely followed by the Nutella cookies I also shared a little while back on both our Instagram page & here on the Blog.
Don’t forget to rate the recipe, if you’d be so kind, below. Just click on the stars to do so.
PS – I would love to invite you to our RM Cooking Club.
-Exclusive members only monthly recipes
-Exclusive monthly cooking class via zoom (recorded if you can’t attend live)
-Free bonus classes
-Incredible discounts on all Relish Mama products & classes
There’s no lock in contract.
Come & join the deliciousness that awaits & get your hands on this month’s recipes and classes. Learn more here.
Easy Peasy’ Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- 1 Stand mixer or electric mixer
- 1 Cooking bowl
- 1 Spatula
- 2 Baking trays
- Baking paper
- 125 g unsalted butter
- 100 g brown sugar
- 75 g caster sugar
- 1 free range egg at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract or vanilla paste
- 150 g plain flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 120 g good-quality dark chocolate chopped into chunks
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 190oC. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- Heat the butter in a small saucepan on a very low heat until it has just melted.
- Combine the two types of sugar in a mixing bowl. Pour the melted butter on top of the sugar and beat well with a wooden spoon. Break the egg into the bowl and add the vanilla. Beat, with a wooden spoon, until the mixture is well blended. Sift the flour, baking powder and salt into the mixing bowl and stir them in. Do not over stir. Add the chocolate chunks. Your mixture will be sloppier than your usual chocolate chip/chunk cookie and the cookies will bake flatter than you might be used to also – note to self: they will be delicious.
- Dot heaped spoonfuls of the mixture over the lined baking trays, leaving plenty of space in between them – these cookies will spread out a lot.
- Put the baking trays in the oven and bake for 8-10 minutes, until the cookies have only just turned golden brown.
- Leave the cookies on the baking sheets to harden for a couple of minutes, then carefully lift up the baking paper and transfer to a wire cooling rack.