Does anyone else feel like we have come out of lockdown, blinked and now it is Christmas? It feels like there is a bit to do friends.
At this time of year, in particular, I feel it is super helpful to have some delicious dinner inspiration up our sleeves. Nothing too time consuming but something delicious to look forward to at the end of a busy day.
This one-pan chicken with pearl couscous is packed full of goodness and flavour.
And as the name suggests, it is all done in one pan. Next to no dishes and a cracking end result. This recipe, my dear friends, is an absolute keeper.
This recipe was first published in my cookbook Relish Mama Family which you can check out over here or via the link below.
And – if you could do with cooking inspiration that is pretty much on tap every month, I would love to welcome you to the new RM cooking club.
It is a pleasure to be sharing this recipe with you here.
With love & wishing you happy days always,
For more great recipes like this one and lots of dinner inspiration, we’d love to sign and send and copy of the Relish Mama cookbooks direct to your door. Consider them your new best friend in the kitchen.
One pan chicken with pearl couscous
- Oven proof frying pan
- Cooking spoon
- Chopping board
- 50 ml olive oil
- 4 chicken breasts halved horizontally
- Sea salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- 2 sprigs rosemary roughly chopped
- 1 brown onion thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 100 ml white wine
- 100 g pearl couscous
- 250 ml chicken stock
- ¼ bunch flat-leaf parsley or tarragon, leaves picked, washed and roughly chopped, plus extra to serve
- 250 g cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 lemon zested and juiced
- To Serve
- Minty or tahini yoghurt see notes
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Heat the oil over medium heat in a large, heavy-based pan that is also ovenproof. Season the chicken with salt and pepper and rub in the rosemary.
- Cook the chicken for a couple of minutes on each side and transfer to a plate.
- Add a little more oil to the pan, if needed. Add the onion and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes.
- Add the spices and stir for a further 2 minutes, ensuring they do not burn.
- Add the vinegar and wine and allow to cook for a minute or two.
- Add the couscous, stock and parsley and stir gently to combine.
- Place chicken neatly in the same pan, along with any pan juices. Scatter over the tomatoes. Place a lid on the pan or cover with a double sheet of foil. Transfer to the oven and cook for 12–15 minutes.
- Allow to rest for a few minutes before finishing with lemon zest and additional parsley.
- Serve in the same pan accompanied by minty or tahini yoghurt.