Sweet potato and Zucchini Frittata
Here’s a delicious new quick mid-week dinner for you. It is a lovely sweet potato and zucchini frittata.
I love frittata dishes for busy nights. I also love that they can be made ahead if that is how you like to roll, as they reheat nicely. They are also very versatile and, therefore, a great way to use the fresh ingredients that you might have in your fridge. You can swap the sweet potato for regular potato, as was my original recipe. I find using sweet potato or even pumpkin far tastier, though & it feels a little healthier too. You could use parboiled cauliflower or broccolini. You could also whack in some tomato slices. You could use caramelised onions instead of pan-frying an onion, bringing a lovely sweetness to the finished dish.
Hopefully, you have some fresh herbs growing in your garden. Feel free to substitute the thyme for fresh parsley if this is what you have.
The moral of the story is, you can make it your own. Choose your own adventure. Use my recipe as a lovely solid base and work from there.
A recipe like this one can be a gift when it comes to busy nights and weeks. I hope you enjoy it very much.
Don’t forget to rate the recipe if you’d be so kind, below. Just click on the stars to do so.
PS – I would love to invite you to our RM Cooking Club. (Gift vouchers are also available for one-month or one-year memberships)
-Exclusive members-only monthly recipes
-Exclusive monthly cooking class via zoom (recorded if you can’t attend live)
-Free bonus classes
-Incredible discounts on all Relish Mama products & classes
There’s no lock-in contract.
Come & join the deliciousness that awaits & get your hands on this month’s recipes and classes. Learn more here.
Sweet Potato and Zucchini Frittata
- 1 Oven
- 120 g sweet potato peeled & cut into large cubes (this is a medium sized sweet potato)
- 5 eggs
- 125 ml cream
- 1 brown onion sliced
- 80 ml Cobram Estate extra virgin olive oil
- 2 medium-sized zucchinis washed & thinly sliced
- 60 g grated mozzarella
- 1 tbs sea salt
- 1 tbs chilli flakes
- 1 tbs chopped oregano or flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tbs chopped thyme
- 50 g goat’s cheese
- 100 g goats cheese or bocconcini (or use bocconcini) torn or sliced
- To serve: Steamed vegetables or a green salad
- Parboil the sweet potato until tender. Drain.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Whisk eggs and cream together.
- Pan-fry the onion slices in 2 tbs oil over low heat until soft & aromatic.
- Spray a baking dish (about 35cm x 25cm) with oil spray or brush on a little olive oil
- Toss the sweet potato chunks in the baking dish along with the remaining oil, the zucchini, grated mozzarella, onion, salt, chilli flakes, oregano and thyme.
- Pour the egg and cream mixture over the top.
- Scatter with crumbled goat’s cheese or replace with torn or sliced mozzarella.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Best served warm.