They Make Ahead Breakfast burritos really are delicious any time of the day.Jump to Recipe
I have been busy putting together a special recipe collection that you can download for make-ahead breakfasts & brunch. I hope you love it. You can grab your copy below by clicking on the button or in our shop here.
These Make ahead breakfast burritos are just one of the recipes in this new cookbook collection.
We all know that life is so much easier with make-ahead breakfast & brunch recipes that can all be prepared in advance.
We also know that we make waaaayyyyy better food choices when we are armed and ready for action.
These recipes will reduce the risk of running out the door (or rolling out of bed into that Zoom meeting or class)……without a delicious & nourishing little something first.
All of the recipes are stress-free fairly simple & quick to prepare.
All are wonderful for breakfast & brunch BUT you will see to that some are also pretty great & versatile for dinners & lunches. Making lunch boxes and work lunches a breeze.
Make ahead breakfast burritos
Our daughters love taking this to school for lunches. We prepare and cook the quantity in this recipe and they are in the fridge for whenever they are needed.
They Make Ahead Breakfast burritos really are delicious any time of the day.
It is a pleasure to be sharing this recipe with you here.
And – if you could do with cooking inspiration that is pretty much on tap every month, I would love to welcome you to the new RM cooking club.
With love & wishing you happy days always,
If you’d like more make-ahead breakfast & brunch recipes, you can grab your copy of our new recipe collection here
For more great recipes like this one and lots of dinner inspiration, we’d love to sign and send and copy of the Relish Mama cookbooks direct to your door. Consider them your new best friend in the kitchen.
Make ahead breakfast burritos
- Baking tray
- Frying pan
For the home made baked beans fillin-
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 400g cans cannellini beans
- 1 garlic clove sliced
- ½ teaspoon chilli flakes
- 1 small red onion sliced into thin wedges
- 1 red capsicum finely diced
- 250 g punnet of cherry tomatoes
- 1 fresh bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon of wholegrain mustard
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
For the make ahead burritos
- 1 quantity of home-made baked beans ingredients above
- 3 eggs
- Sea salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- 60 ml milk
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 6 Tortillas
- Tomato relish
- Grated cheese
- Avocado slices
- Rocket or spinach leaves
- Preheat oven to 180 o C. In a baking dish - place the olive oil, beans, garlic, chilli flakes, onion, capsicum, tomatoes, bay leaf, mustard and season with salt and pepper. Stir to combine. Loosely cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes or until onion is tender and tomatoes slightly shrivel. If drying out, add a splash of water.
- Lightly whisk the eggs, milk, a good pinch of sea salt and a little freshly cracked black pepper together until all the ingredients are just combined and the mixture has one consistency. It is important not to over whisk.
- Heat a small non-stick frying pan for a minute or so, then add the oil. Add a splash of oil to the pan. Pour in the egg mixture and let it sit, without stirring, for 20 seconds. Stir with a wooden spoon, using a lift and fold technique over from the bottom of the pan.
- Let it sit for another 10 seconds then stir and fold again. Repeat until the eggs are softly set and slightly runny in places, then remove from the heat and leave for a few seconds to finish their cooking. Give a final stir and remove from the heat.
- Lay out the tortillas. Fill the centres with some of the home-made baked beans. Divide the scrambled eggs and place these on top of the beans. Add some tomato relish and top each with grated cheese and avocado slices.
- Adding rocket or spinach leaves adds additional nutrients & flavour to this recipe. They will wilt so if you prefer, add fresh leaves through the top of your burrito after the cooking hi as been done.
- Fold the sides inwards, over the filling. Roll the burrito over the filling, tucking as you roll.
- Cook, in a frying pan for a couple of minutes either side. You can use a sandwich grill also if you don't mind it slightly flattened.