Delicious dishes to prepare and cook in under 15 minutes.
Relish Mama Italy & European culinary tours
“I invite you to join us for an experience like no other this October as we travel together and experience new and delicious wonders in one of my favourite places in the world, Italy. We are off to stunning Sicily in 2017 and we would be absolutely delighted if you care to join us on this amazing culinary journey.”
The Relish Mama food tour to Italy will take part over seven magical days and seven glorious nights from the 8th October 2017 through until the 15th October 2017. This once in a lifetime culinary tour will take place in Sicily. If you like to travel and to enjoy great food and wine, you will love Nellie’s tour discovering the natural beauty of Sicily, meeting delightful foodie heroes and discovering the traditions of Sicily and its delicious dishes and wines. This luxury culinary tour to Sicily includes the excitement of a 4-night stay in Sicily’s greatest city, the buzzing capital of Palermo. It also includes a 3-night stay in the beauty of Ragusa’s countryside, renowned as Sicily’s gastronomic heartland.
Sicily is a delightful island set in the sparkling seas of the Mediterranean, as famous for its food as for its diverse cultural legacy that spans the ancient Greeks to the Spanish.
October is an amazing time to visit Sicily.
Highlights of the tour:
• Dinner at chef Patrizia di Benedetto’s Michelin starred restaurant, Bye Bye Blues in Mondello
• Heritage tour of Palermo – with expert private guide Marilu
• Patrizia’s Palermo – a fun tour ranging across the city in auto Rickshaw combing exploration of its historic quarters and markets with a chic eats lunch tour by Michelin starred chef, Patrizia di Benedetto
• Cookery lesson – with food writer & olive oil producer, Natalia Ravida in an historic Palazzo dramatically set opposite the Cathedral. The day starts with a visit to thenearby markets to buy fresh produce.
• Ravidà estate – discover the award winning olive oils of the Ravidà estate and enjoy a masterclass with Natalia in olive oil tasting, with lunch at her Menfi estate.
• Modica Chocolate safari – discover how Modican master chocolatier still use Aztec processes to create delicious Sicilian chocolate.
• Cookery lesson – discover the beautiful hill top town of Ragusa before meeting Vincenzo Candiano, charming 2-Michelin starred chef, at Locanda Don Serafino for anunforgettable cookery lesson.
• Marina di Ragusa – enjoy dinner at an historic beach club overlooking the Mediterranean in Marina di Ragusa.
• Mount Etna – join organic wine maker Salvo Foti for the grape harvest at his traditional gravity operated Palmento high on Etna’s slopes.
PRICE: $4795 (AUD) per person twin share. Single supplements are also available.
Not included: International Air Travel, Insurance, Passport expenses
The tour price also covers all group transfers including by coach, train and personal driver once the tour commences. It includes all entry fees associated with the tours itinerary. It includes services of bi-lingual Taste of Italy tour host as well as services of culinary expert, Nellie Kerrison of Relish Mama.
For more details or to reserve your place, contact us & we will happily send you our full itinerary & booking form. A $2000 deposit is required but please note that no payment is processed until tour is confirmed. Deposit can be made securely via credit card or Paypal via our shopping cart here or instead, via credit card direct to ‘Tastes of Italy’. A 1.5% surcharge is added to Visa and Mastercard payments & 2.5% surcharge for Amex payments.
Please note the following is not included in the price : Flights, Insurance, meals not listed (very few not included), passport expenses and personal spending such as your own choice of optional excursions.
Relish Mama highly recommends, Tina Millington from Travel counsellors for your flight arrangements. Tina has our full itinerary of the tour for 2016 and will gladly assist you in relation to our tour as well as any independent travel you wish to do before or after our Relish Mama tour dates. Tina can be emailed direct at firstname.lastname@example.org
How to book:
We ask you to call Relish Mama on 03 9553 4846. Following your reservation by phone we can hold it for you for 7 days. We will send you a booking form. Within the 7 days, we ask that you complete and return the booking form to Relish Mama together with your deposit payment of $2000 per person. Please note that telephone reservations can only be held for 7 days. Deposits can also be made securely here.
What will the weather be like?
The weather is likely to be quite perfect still in October – the average maximum temperature for Sicily in October is 22°C .
What travel documents do I need?
Your flight tickets, passport, a copy of your travel insurance policy making a note of the number for medical emergency overseas.
What about meals?
Most meals are included from dinner on 8th October through to breakfast on 15th October, with the exception of a couple of evening meals – listed above.
Who are Tastes of Italy?
Since 2000 Tastes of Italy has been creating bespoke trips in Italy, France and Spain for private parties, wine clubs and individuals.
Tastes of Italy specialises in gourmet arrangements. Our aim is to provide excellent service, genuine hospitality and enrichening travel through careful selection of the people we work with.
I would dearly love for you to be part of the magic and join us on this incredible journey to Italy this October. Interest should be expressed early and we are here for any questions you may have as well as to send your booking form.
Warmest wishes to you & here’s to exciting adventures,
Please contact us for the tour brochure & booking form to be sent to you today. Alternatively, click on this link for tour brochure online.